Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

2008

Every year I write down here a short text about what happened during the year and try to draw some conclusions to help me move forward.
2008 was a particularly difficult year. 

To be honest, only one particularly bad thing happened this year, but that was more than enough. 

I defended my masters, my brother got married, my girlfriend achieved her dream of studying abroad. I finally began to feel like I know more than a bunch of useless memorized stuff.

But my father died.

I lost my ground with it. He was everything to me. The standard to which I measured myself as a man. And I still haven't fully recovered.

I'm not sure what to expect of 2009. And sometimes I find it very hard to be hopeful. However, as I have said before in this very blog, perseverance is what keeps hope alive. 

I will draw a deep breath, and persevere.

0 comments: