Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

24 hours.

Tomorrow my girlfriend leaves for Finland.

She's going to be away for three years to do her PhD. Although the possibility existed ever since I first met her, it only became real abou two months ago when she finally got accepted.

I have to admit that part of me was kinda hoping she wouldn't get it. I do not need to be reminded that it was narrow-minded and selfish, to say the least. It's the opportunity of a lifetime.

When she first me told me I kept silent for a long time before saying anything. Not because I was mad or anything, but because I was in shock. I'm not sure why - all I know is that there's something about long-distance relationships that really freaks me out. I can't tell what it is. I know people who were in LDRs before - some of those worked out and some didn't. One way or another, I know for a fact that it's very difficult, especially for someone as paranoid as I am. I think that's an issue I will have to learn how to deal with.

Of all the problems I am facing these days this is the one I should not be worrying about, because both of us are quite sure about how we feel about each other and are committed to making it work. I have problems that have absolutely not a chance to be solbed quickly or easily, since they require both patience and perseverance, not to mention all the help I can get.

But she's all I can think about.

0 comments: