Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back to origins.

I've been using Ubuntu for some time, now. And, I must say, it is a good distribution. Works well, is easy to use, and all that.

But some things keep bugging me. For example, despite its big user base, it's not easy at all to get some answers sometimes. The usual things are very straightforward, like getting gstreamer codecs for proprietary formats, but others simply seem to be unanswerable. There are problems which do not seem to have solutions. And this is what really annoys me.

Originally I chose Ubuntu because it needed little or no effort to make things work. But I can't live with it anymore.

I'm moving back to Debian.

It was the first Linux distribution I used and experimented with - so there's an emotional side to this decision, too. I see this as a bit of a comeback - one I'm looking forward to.

0 comments: